Farm Visits and Other Events
- Visit us at the farm - by appointment only. After a short educational presentation, join us in the reindeer pen to pet, feed, and interact with the reindeer. Take pictures with the reindeer or in our traditional sleighs (use your own camera). Enjoy festive music and decorations. Get locally-made products at our very small gift shop. Search the calendar below for available dates and book online. NOTE: We're nearly fully booked. If the calendar says "1 left" that means there is room for 1 more person - choose a different time if you have more in your party. We limit guests to 50 per hour for your safety and enjoyment.
- Christmas tree sales. We have a small number of freshly-cut local fir trees for sale during our open hours. $50, any size, not baled, bring your own rope. Please see the calendar below for open hours. You do not need to register for a reindeer visit to buy a tree. Tell the parking attendant you're just here for a tree and follow their directions.
- Win Christmas Day visit from the reindeer. Two reindeer will visit one lucky family at YOUR home December 25th (within 100 miles of the farm). All proceeds from this drawing are donated to Foodlink. Purchase tickets for a chance to win below.
When You Visit
- Our farm is our home and visits are by appointment only.
- No pets.
- Please do not feed the reindeer unless the handler allows you to.
- Our reindeer do not eat candy or cookies. Please do not bring them into the pen.
- Screaming and quick movements startle the reindeer. Please use inside voices.
- You may pet the reindeer! But only under the supervision of the handler.
- When lines are long, please be considerate of others who are also waiting.
- Please don't wear boots or clothing that has been recently exposed to goats or sheep. Goats and sheep harbor an airborne virus that is deadly to the reindeer.
- Please park where the parking attendants request.
- Please put all trash in the proper containers. Reindeer, like infants, are very curious and will put everything in their mouths.
How to Get to the Shortsville Reindeer Farm
We are fairly easy to get to, however, you will not see our house, barn, or reindeer from the road. We are set back off the road about 1000ft. What you WILL see is a sign at the end of the driveway "Reindeer Dr". This is the entrance to our driveway, please enter and follow the instructions of the parking attendants.
PLEASE NOTE: Our farm is our home and visits are by appointment only. Please check back here or follow us on Facebook for events and visit sign-ups.